COVID-19 Benefits and your taxes
T4A COVID-19 amounts
- CERB from CRA, CESB, CRB, CRCB, CRSB, provincial or territorial COVID-19 benefits, issues on T4A slips. These benefits are taxable.
T4E: Service Canada CERB and EI amounts
- CERB from Service Canada, EI benefit payments, issues with your T4E slip. These benefits are taxable
Interest relief if you received COVID-19 benefits
- Interest relief for individuals with a taxable income of $75,000 or less in 2020 and received a COVID-19 benefit
Paying your 2020 taxes owing
- Pay taxes you owe, options if you cannot pay, or arrange to pay overtime
Repay COVID-19 benefits
- COVID-19 payments is kept only by the people who are eligible. Payments made to anyone who is later found to be ineligible will need to be returned.
It is still not too late to file for Covid 19 benefits, so contact our Blue Ocean team right away , and we will work one-on-one with you and determine which of the Covid 19 benefits you are eligible to apply for. Additionally, if you owe the government for Covid 19 benefits you should not have received, we can help you arrange a repayment plan.