Business insurance helps to protect you and your small business from potential unforeseen financial risks including general liability coverage, business property coverage, and business interruption coverage. It can (and should) additionally include workers' compensation insurance including errors and omissions insurance.
Your business insurance can be custom tailored towards your business and exact requirements. You are also able to purchase one comprehensive policy that covers most if not all of your needs, or you can piece together multiple policies for a range of different coverages. The choice is yours.
How Much Will Small Business Insurance Cost?
- The costs of small business insurance will depend on the type of business you operate, your industry, the industry you’re in, the size and location of your business. Additionally, insurers take into account things like risk factors that are inherent to your particular type of business. In most cases, small businesses can generally expect to pay at roughly $500 per year for general liability coverage, plus additional coverages that are required for your type of business. The best advice is while shopping for an accurate small business insurance quote, you speak to an agent about the specific requirements of your business, and the coverage that you require.
How Do I Know Which Insurance My Business Needs?
- Every small business benefits from small business insurance. Basically, the type of insurance you require depends on your industry, any inherent risk factors, the size of your business, and the scope of your operations. It’s recommended that you find a small business insurance provider within the geographic area of your small business. This allows you the ability to sit down with an insurance expert and explain your requirements in detail.
- A qualified insurance agent will then be able to recommend a coverage plan that is tailored specifically for your small business’s needs. For example, and smaller home based business will have different insurance needs than a trucking company owner.
What Does Small Business Insurance Cover?
Small business owners generally need coverage that includes:
- Workers' compensation
- Business owner's policy
- Errors and omissions
- General liability
- Professional liability
- Property coverage
- Coverage for business equipment and supplies
- Commercial automobile policy
If you own a small business, or are currently setting one up, then contact us at Blue Ocean , and we will discuss your business insurance options. Our team has years of experience, and we will work one-on-one with you and set up with a business insurance plan that perfectly suits your current, and future requirements.